More Leisure Community Trust is an independent not for profit legal entity that partners with Serco Leisure Operating Ltd who deliver services on their behalf through a Managing Agency Agreement.
Serco is one of the leading outsource companies in the UK with over 50 years’ experience in providing outsourcing services to government, national and international organisations and the MOD. Providing excellent innovative services to communities, local leisure centres and National Sports Centres, it is understandable why More Leisure would want to partner with Serco and deliver financially advantageous models through operational excellence to our clients.
Serco provides leisure services on behalf of Community Leisure Trusts, Local Authorities, universities, and organisations such as Sport England. Their contracts include four of the National Sports Centres, outdoor activity venues, community leisure centres, gyms, swimming pools, white water courses, tennis courts, golf courses and conference centres.
Our ultimate goal working with Serco is to get more people, more active, more often and ensure that we are closely aligned to our local authority and client’s health & wellbeing outcomes and FM requirements. Together we provide affordable access to a wide range of market-leading sports and leisure facilities to support healthier and happier individuals across all segments of society – the places we manage are safe, welcoming spaces for people to enjoy their leisure time in.
Through jointly funded investment programmes, we provide a comprehensive range of market-leading fitness, sporting, well-being, and community-focused services within the budgetary restraints of our customers. The range and quality of services we provide to the public are comparable to those of a private sector facility, but offered at an affordable price making them accessible to the wider community.
We promote participation and engagement initiatives across our contracts, empowering local people to take ownership of their facilities. Our track record shows a significant return on investment through increased participation, enabling us to protect the long-term future of the facilities we manage. We are continually focused on reducing the impact our facilities have on the environment, and have a great track record of reducing energy consumption at all sites.
At the heart of our partnership are our values.
Our values and the behaviours we expect are based around four key criteria:
- Trust, we deliver on our promises; are open, straightforward and honest; do the right thing; and take personal responsibility for getting things done.
- Care, we care deeply about the services we provide, and the communities we serve, and we look after each other.
- Innovation, we aspire to be better than anyone else at what we do.
- Pride, we want to be proud of what we do.
We understand the complexities of working in partnership with public bodies, and we are always looking to find solutions in the ever-changing leisure landscape.
Together we bring:
- Transferable international and cross-sector experience
- Expert and empowered people
- Strong governance and empowered people
- Public service ethos
- Trusted partnership
- Scalable and customised solutions
- Ability to test and innovate
- Citizen focussed, outcome-focussed
- Manage over 55 facilities across the UK on behalf of 19 longstanding customers, with over 90,000 people committed to regular exercise through our fitness memberships.
- Run over 40,000 workout classes a year helping almost 1 million people towards their fitness goals.
- Teach over 45,000 children to swim each week, with another 50,000 children learning through our School Swimming Programme.
- Benchmark service delivery against QUEST, the sport and leisure industry’s quality scheme. We have achieved ‘Excellent’ at many of our venues, with Bisham Abbey and Lilleshall achieving Quest Outstanding, putting them among the top 1% of leisure facilities in the UK.
- Winner – Water Leisure Operator of the Year – UK Pool & Spa Awards 2018.